Friday, February 12, 2010

#AintThatBoutaBitch

"#AintThatBoutaBitch The Game got cancelled.." -Tia Mowry (Almost called her Tia Landry)

I remember chicks always talking about watching The Game, and I always wondered whoTF the San Diego Sabres were. Throughout college I only set aside time for Heroes, the Dahani Jones show, and Smallville with my Salvadorian bestie. It wasn't until this past Summer that I started watching a lot of TV & I stumbled across a grown version of Sister Sister divided by two. It turns out this show had a great balance of comedy, drama & a childhood star that grew up to be a very fine specimen of a woman.

Since I got so intrigued by the show I had to make sure I watched the reruns daily up until the full marathon. But BET was playin and didn't show the finale, so my twam @suchneffnLADY told me the episodes were on Youtube. Here's a link to Season 3.
SPOILER
Toward the end of the finale when girl Melanie was walking down the aisle to marry Derwin, I started getting the feeling that I haven't felt since watching Jett Jackson & wanting to steal Lee Thompson Young's role so I could save Kayla over and over again. Immediately after that I got sangry (fusion of sad and angry) because this would be the end. I spent a few months trailing this whole show wondering if I was Jerome or not, and tweeting away talking about how grimy Melanie got and how messed up Derwin's situation was. I was completely drawn in and then left hanging, possibly forever, and given Girl Mel...I mean Tia's tweet it more than likely will be forever.

But with every great thing you want more of it, but more of it is usually never the best thing for you. I remember after watching The Wood over and over, I thought up a plot for a sequel. It was really good too for a fan of the movie, but now that I think about it, a sequel might not have been the best thing. How many movies have had good sequels? Go ahead, I'll let you think about it.......Now think about how many sequels sucked monkey nuts. You can think of a lot more can't you? The thing with great shows like Seinfeld, Martin, Friends, and Boy Meets World they always end on top. Whether they choose to end or not, the ending is a beautiful disaster. You love that you get that happily ever after, but you hate that you don't get to live on with the characters you grew close to. Disney has mastered it, if you end a story at its peak you will keep fans forever. This may have been involuntary, but The Game has gained many many more permanent fans. "You know fat meat greasy." *Tasha Mack voice*

Fin

No comments:

Post a Comment